Visual-Assets is a specialist asset and inventory management system utilizing barcode and RFID technology and incorporating a visual tracking component that enables users to locate assets at locations, includes maintenance, costing, stocktaking and job generation.
It is a new way of locating, positioning, and identifying any asset graphically. In this context an asset can be a part of a fence, gate, door, window, desk, truck, driver, distribution dock, fax machine, fire extinguisher and bait trap; in fact, anything that is of interest to an organization.
Visual-Assets is a module that is easily customized and can be integrated with Trans-Send, the core module of our Task and Resource Management System.
Visual-Assets meet the requirements of any asset management requiring one or more of the following:
- All devices can be synced with history and current assets
- An item can be located on an asset screen with the help of business rules and tool.
- Complete Maintainance history and the lifecycle management of the assests..
- Integration of barcode scanners or RFID reader into the Mobile Data Terminals helps in linking assests to the map and drawing locations when the item is read.
- Maps and diagrams can be scanned in and may be of any complexity from mud maps to scale drawings.
The Visual-Assets offers a significant and quick return-on-investment (ROI) through cost savings and efficiencies gained together with business advantages. Some tangible benefits are:
- People make faster decisions using graphics rather than lists of text; therefore, saving time.
- Visual Assets is designed to be used with the minimum of training and can be used by staff with all levels of skill.
- Using diagrams leads to greater accuracy in locating assets which makes it possible to send staff to a site that they have never been to before and for them to easily locate the assets.
- By referring to the diagrams, the best way to visit the assets on an inspection can be worked out to save time.